Graduate Academic Policies
Requirements Applicable To All Graduate Certificates
Candidates must satisfy all university certificate requirements and all requirements
established by the certificate program faculty. Individual departmental certificate
requirements are listed under the respective certificate programs in this catalog.
- A candidate must earn a minimum of 15 graduate credits.
- Only graduate courses may apply toward the certificate.
- A maximum of 3 graduate credits taken at another institution can be transferred
into a certificate program.
- A candidate must have a minimum GPA of 3.000 in course work presented on the
certificate application, which may include no more than 6 credits of C or C+.
(Grades of C- and D do not apply to graduate courses.) The GPA calculation excludes
all transfer courses and George Mason Extended Studies credits not formally approved
for the degree.
- A maximum of two certificates may be conferred as part of a Master's degree.