RECENTLY PUBLISHED PAPERS:
· Leive, Adam and Thomas Stratmann. (2015). "Cancer Screening Guidelines and Mortality." Journal of Population Economics.
· Nye, John V., Ilia Rainer, and Thomas Stratmann. (2013). "Do Black Mayors Improve Black Employment Outcomes? Evidence from Large U.S. Cities."
· Stratmann, Thomas. (2013). "The Effects of Earmarks on the Likelihood of Reelection." European Journal of Political Economy.
· Stratmann, Thomas. (2013). "Campaign Finance," in The Elgar Companion to Public Choice.
· Neelsen, Sven and Thomas Stratmann. (2012). "Early-Life Famine Exposure and Later-Life Outcomes: Evidence from Survivors of the Greek Famine," in Early Life Nutrition and Adult Health and Development. Editor: Alexander Vaiserman.
· Klick, Jon, Sven Neelsen, and Thomas Stratmann. (2012). "The Effect of Abortion Liberalization on Sexual Behavior: International Evidence." American Law and Economics Review.
· Klick, Jonathan, John MacDonald and Thomas Stratmann. (2012). "Mobile Phones and Crime Deterrence: An Underappreciated Link," in: Handbook of Law and Economics: Criminal Law. Editor: Keith Hylton.
· Stratmann, Thomas and John W. Welborn. (2012). "The Options Market Maker Exception to SEC Regulation SHO."
· Houser, Daniel and Thomas Stratmann. (2012). "Gordon Tullock and Experimental Economics." Public Choice.
· Neelsen, Sven and Thomas Stratmann. (2012). "Long-Run Effects of Fetal Influenza Exposure: Evidence from Switzerland." Social Science and Medicine.
· Stratmann, Thomas and J.W. Verret (forthcoming) “How Does Corporate Political Activity Allowed by Citizens United v. FEC Affect Shareholder Wealth?.” Law and Economics.
· Makowsky, Michael D. and Thomas Stratmann (forthcoming) “Politics, Unemployment, and the Enforcement of Immigration Law.” Public Choice.
· Hedengren, Dave and Thomas Stratmann (forthcoming). “Is There Adverse Selection in Life Insurance Markets?.” Economic Inquiry.
· Houser, Daniel, Sandra Ludwig, and Thomas Stratmann. (2013). "Deception and Political Participation: Theory and Laboratory Evidence." Economic Inquiry.
RECENT WORKING PAPERS:
· Maaser, Nicola; Stratmann, Thomas (2014) : “Distributional Consequences of Political Representation.” Beiträge zur Jahrestagung des Vereins für Socialpolitik 2014: Evidenzbasierte Wirtschaftspolitik - Session: Collective Decision Making I, No. A06-V3.
· Russ, Jacob and Thomas Stratmann (2014) “Missing Sticks: Property Institutions and Income Dissipation in Indian Country.”
· Militaru, Andreea and Thomas Stratmann (2014) “The Political Economy of Sales Tax and Sales Tax Exemptions.”
· Aimone, Jason Anthony, Luigi Butera, and Thomas Stratmann (2014) “Altruistic Punishment in Elections.”
· Peirce, Hester, Ian C. Robinson, and Thomas Stratmann (2014) “How Are Small Banks Faring Under Dodd-Frank?”
· Stratmann, Thomas and John W. Welborn (2014). “Informed Short Selling in High Fail-to-Deliver Stocks.”
· Russ, Jacob W. and Thomas Stratmann. (2013). “Creeping Normalcy: Fractionation of Indian Land Ownernship.”
· Fink, Alexander and Thomas Stratmann. (2013). "U.S. Housing Prices and the Fukushima Nuclear Accident: To Update, or Not to Update, that is the Question."
· Mitchell, Matthew and Thomas Stratmann. (2014). "Wireless Taxes and Fees: A Tragedy of the Anticommons."
· Hendengren, David and Thomas Stratmann. (2012). "The Dog that Didn't Bark: What Item Nonresponse Shows about Cognitive and Non-Cognitive Ability."
· Stratmann, Thomas, and John W. Welborn. (2012). "Exchange-Traded Funds, Fails-to-Deliver, and Market Volatility."
tstratma(at)gmu.edu ❖ Department of Economics, George Mason University, MSN 1D3, Fairfax VA 22030 ❖ 703.993.2317 (office)