Home ❖Curriculum Vitae ❖ Newsroom❖ Certificate-of-Need Work ❖ GMU Economics Home ❖Public Choice Home
RECENTLY PUBLISHED articles:
- Stratmann, Thomas and John W. Welborn. (2016)."Informed Short Selling, Fails-to-Deliver, and Abnormal Returns." Journal of Empirical Finance.
- Mitchell, Matthew and Thomas Stratmann. (2016). "A Tragedy of the Anticommons: Local Option Taxation and Cell Phone Tax Bills." Public Choice.
- Maaser, Nicola and Thomas Stratmann. (2016). "Distributional Consequences of Political Representation." European Economic Review.
- Hendergren, Dave and Thomas Stratmann. (2016). "Is There Adverse Selection in Life Insurance Markets?" Economic Inquiry.
- Houser, Daniel, Sandra Ludwig, and Thomas Stratmann. (2015). "Deception and Political Participation: Theory and Laboratory Evidence." Economic Inquiry.
Stratmann, Thomas and J.W. Verret. (2015). "How Does Corporate Political Activity by Citizens United v. FEC Affect Shareholder Wealth?" Journal of Law and Economics.
- Leive, Adam and Thomas Stratmann. (2015). " Cancer Screening Guidelines and Mortality." Journal of Public Economics.
- Fink, Alexander and Thomas Stratmann. (2015). " U.S. Housing Prices and the Fukushima Nuclear Accident." Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization
Makowsky, Michael D. and Thomas Stratmann. (2014). " Politics, Unemployment, and the Enforcement of Immigration Law." Public Choice.
Nye, John V., Ilia Rainer, and Thomas Stratmann. (2013). " Do Black Mayors Improve Black Employment Outcomes? Evidence from Large U.S. Cities."
Stratmann, Thomas. (2013). " The Effects of Earmarks on the Likelihood of Reelection." European Journal of Political Economy.
Stratmann, Thomas. (2013). "Campaign Finance," in The Elgar Companion to Public Choice.
RECENT WORKING PAPERS:
Asatryan, Zareh, César Castellón, and Thomas Stratmann. (2016). " Balanced Budget Rules and Fiscal Outcomes: Evidence from Historical Constitutions."
Makowsky, Michael D., Thomas Stratmann, and Alex Tabarrok. (2016). " To Serve and Collect: The Fiscal and Racial Determinants of Law Enforcement."
- Stratmann, Thomas and David Chandler Thomas. (2016). "Save Time, Save Lives: The Impact of 9-1-1 on Lethality and Homicides."
- Russ, Jacob and Thomas Stratmann. (2014). " Missing Sticks: Property Institutions and Income Dissipation in Indian Country."
Militaru, Andreea and Thomas Stratmann. (2014). "The Political Economy of Sales Tax and Sales Tax Exemptions."
Aimone, Jason Anthony, Luigi Butera, and Thomas Stratmann. (2014). "Altruistic Punishment in Elections."
Peirce, Hester, Ian C. Robinson, and Thomas Stratmann. (2014). "How Are Small Banks Faring Under Dodd-Frank?"
Hendengren, David and Thomas Stratmann. (2012). "The Dog that Didn't Bark: What Item Nonresponse Shows about Cognitive and Non-Cognitive Ability."
Stratmann, Thomas and John W. Welborn. (2012). "Exchange-Traded Funds, Fails-to-Deliver, and Market Volatility."
Home ❖Curriculum Vitae ❖GMU Economics Home ❖Public Choice Home
tstratma(at)gmu.edu ❖ Department of Economics, George Mason University, MSN 1D3, Fairfax VA 22030 ❖ 703.993.4920 (office)