Patriots for Patriots- Mason's Student Giving Campaign
Last year, 1,263 students participated in Patriots for Patriots to show their support for George Mason University. Congratulations to the Class of 2015 for having the highest participation in 2012 with 328 students! Become part of the tradition this year by making a donation to anything at Mason you want to support.
University President Cabrera, will match any gift of at least $1 to support undergraduate student scholarships!
Participation by Class
Funds are Fried Day
On March 21, your tuition dollars are "fried!"
Tuition only covers 61% of the school year. The remaining 39% comes from state and private support.
Fortunately, private philanthropy decreases the financial burden that passes to students during funding shortfalls. On "Funds are Fried Day," you can enjoy free funnel cakes, DJ, and a photo booth in the Johnson Center North Plaza between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
What to Support
Private support does not replace funding cut from the state budget, but rather supplements budget expenses that would either be eliminated or passed along to students.
Private philanthropy is visible everywhere!
- Alumni Association
- Supports student programming for career development and alumni
- General Scholarship Fund
- Supports students who have exhausted all other means of financial assistance
- Mason Excellence Fund
- Supports Mason's areas of greatest need
- Patriot Club/Athletics
- Supports student athlete scholarships
- School or College
- Supports dean's initiatives, student scholarships, and school library resources
- Student Medical Assistance Fund
- Supports students whose medical needs, if left untreated, would impact their degree completion
- Student Venture Fund
- Supports student entrepreneurs seeking investment support for their innovative business ideas
- University Libraries
- Supports Mason library programs and resources for student success
- University Life
- Supports students through funding university life activities
The generosity of Mason alumni supports current resources you use every day. Why not enhance the opportunities available to future generations of Mason students with your support?
Even small donations impact your experience and future Mason students.
Last year, almost $180,000 was raised from gifts of $25 or less.
These gifts could provide:
- Six one-year full-time, out-of-state scholarships
- 19 one-year full-time in-state scholarships
- 900 students' textbooks for one semester
If every member of the student body gave $1, we could provide three one-year full-time in-state scholarships!
Make Your Gift
Or visit us at the following locations:
Saturday, February 16 (1-4 PM)
Homecoming: The Evolution of Greatness - Block Party, Lot K
Thursday, March 21 (11 AM-2 PM)
Funds are Fried Day - JC North Plaza/Clock Tower
Friday, April 26
Mason Day - Parking Lot L