Network Engineering & Technology
George Mason University
Aquia Building, Mailstop 1B5
4400 University Dr.
Fairfax VA, 2030-4444
Phone: (703) 993-9045
Fax: (703) 993-3505
Page Updated: November 28, 2012
George Mason University SSL VPN Technology
Access via Network Connect Client
This document provides instructions for accessing the George Mason University SSL VPN Technology web site and installing the Network Connect client software. These technologies allow remote users to establish secure, encrypted communications with the George Mason University networks and systems. The documentation reflects the currently implemented technologies and is subject to change as the project matures.
4. After successful login, a ‘Cache Cleaner’ component will download and install.
5. The initial portal/dashboard page will then appear.
6. Click the Network Connect ‘Start’ button to download and initialize the Network Connect client.
7. Network Connect will establish a connection with the VPN gateway. A GMU IP address will be assigned to the client computer once the VPN connection is complete.
8. After Network Connect has successfully established a session an icon will appear in the Taskbar. The icon looks like a lock, as shown on the far left.
9. To disconnect from the Network Connect session, right click on the icon in the Taskbar and select ‘Sign Out’ from the menu.
10. Alternatively, if the SSL VPN portal/dashboard page is still open, you can click on the ‘Sign Out’ button to close the session.
11. After the session has closed, an icon will appear in the Taskbar indicating that Network Connect is not connected, as shown on the far left.
Questions related to the SSL VPN Technology should be directed to Network Security (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have an issue with the VPN, please contact the Support Center (email@example.com or 3-8870) and have a ticket opened.
Minimum Supported software
* Linux will be supported in a future release