Demands of Complexity
on Higher Education
WHAT ARE THE DEMANDS OF COMPLEXITY ON HIGHER EDUCATION?
- Develop Awareness. Develop institutional awareness of
complexity and the university's role in learning about
- Carry out a High-Level Reorganization. Reorganize the
highest levels of the university to reflect these demands.
- Create the Horizons College. A new college must be
established within the university that is dedicated to the
Work Program of Complexity.
- Guide the Horizons College. The Horizons College must
be guided by the science of complexity, the science of
generic design, and the process of Interactive Management.
- Enhance Human Productivity. Help the society match its
rate of development with the pace of the lives of individuals who
must rely on the society for their existence, through large-scale
system design with quality control of the designs.