SIGN UP for the ELI'S ELECTRONIC MAILING LIST
All ELI students should sign up for the ELI's electronic mailing list. Once you are signed up, you will receive e-mail messages with important information from the ELI.
There are two ways you can sign up for the ELI list:
|You can use the web interface:
1. Go to LISTSERV® at George Mason University
(http://listserv.gmu.edu/cgi-bin/wa) 2. Click (select) “Online Mailing List Archives”
3. Click ELI-L
4. Click “Join or leave the list (or change settings)”
5. In the boxes, type your email address and your name
6. Click the “Join” button (it says “Join ELI-L")
- Do not change the settings below the “Join” button.
|You can subscribe via e-mail:
1. Send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Type the following in the body of your message (not in the subject line):
subscribe listname yourfirstname yourlastname
For example, if Carlos Santana were an ELI student who wanted to subscribe to ELI-L, he would send an e-mail message to email@example.com with the following information typed into the body of his message:
subscribe ELI-L Carlos Santana
Whichever way you sign up, a message will be sent to your e-mail address asking you to confirm your subscription request. You must follow the directions in the e-mail message to complete your subscription.
Once you have completed your subscription to ELI-L, you will automatically receive e-mail messages from the list. The messages will be sent the the e-mail address you used when you subscribed. If you need to activate your Mason e-mail account, click here (http://mason.gmu.edu/~llmiller/notes/masonmail.html) for information.
In addition to reading the messages you receive from the list, here are two other things you can do:
|Post (send) a Message to the List
1. Send an e-mail message addressed to ELI-L@listserv.gmu.edu
|Unsubscribe from (leave) the List
1. Send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org that says signoff ELI-L in the message body. Do not include your name or e-mail address in the body of the signoff message. The computer will read your address from the message, and it has your name on file.
For example: signoff ELI-L
English Language Institute
George Mason University
4400 University Drive
Fax: (703) 993-3664
Phone: (703) 993-3660
Site Last Updated:
November 22, 2004