Fairfax Room Rental Information
This page is intended for the use of scheduling events on the Fairfax campus.
For the Prince William Campus, please call 703-993-8334
For the Arlington Campus, please call 703-993-2095
Fairfax Rentals: 703-993-2853
The Major Events Committee has put a moratorium on all outdoor races and festivals until further notice. Please check back in the fall to see if we have more information on scheduling these events.
All space for events on campus must be requested through the Office of Events Management. Any event that does not follow the necessary scheduling procedures is subject to cancellation or other penalties.
External User Request Form
Use this form if you are not a member of a Mason department or Recognized student group. We require at least two weeks to process external requests. Click here to check for pricing and room information. At least 2 weeks is required for processing.
- Events/Meetings bringing more than 200 people to campus may need to be managed to coordinate the event logistics on campus. That will be determined by the Office of Events Management when booking the space. If it is determined that your event needs to be managed additional fees with be incurred. The fees can be found under the conference/events link on the left hand side of this page.
- General Guidelines for Space Use In and Around the Student Centers
the "do’s and don’ts" in the student unions and JCTR
- Meeting Space Information
- Meeting Space Fees
- Room Diagrams
- Johnson Center & The HUB
- SUB I (Coming soon)
- Room Photographs
We have an excellent catering company at Mason: Special Occasions. You are encouraged to use them for your event. However, if you have an outside caterer in mind, you are welcomed to use that outside caterer as long as that caterer is on the University’s approved caterers list. If your outside caterer is not on the list, there is a process to get them put on the list (see links below).
- Approved Caterer List
- The following information is required to become an approved caterer:
- License Agreement Form http://approvedcatering.gmu.edu under the tab "Forms for new caterers")
- Caterer's last three health inspection reports
- A certificate of liability insurance ($1,000,000.00 minimum) naming the George Mason University Board of Visitors as additional insured.
- Caterer must be registered with eVA. http://www.eva.virginia.gov/
- You must submit a copy of your current business license
- Approved Caterer List
- Alcohol Policy - Please contact Sodexho Catering for details (catering.gmu.edu; 703-993-3302).
- Parking Information
- Construction Updates
- University Map
- Area Hotels
- Cue Bus (All lines to the Fairfax Campus from Vienna Metro)-
- Taxis (Scroll to "Taxicab Companies in Virginia")
- Helpful Contact Information
- We strive to respond to all internal requests within 5 to 7 business days. More time is sometimes necessary to process large and/or complex requests.
- We are making every effort to get to each request as quickly as possible, however, requests made less than 5 business days prior to the requested event date may not receive a response from our office.
- Once a scheduler has processed your request, he/she will confirm the event via e-mail.
- If the space or time you've requested is not available, a scheduler will contact you to discuss alternatives. It is recommended that you include alternative space and times in case your first choice is not available.
- DO NOT proceed with the planning or advertising for your event until you receive written notification that a space has been assigned to you.