The GMU ACM is a student chapter of the oldest computing organization in the world, the Association for Computing Machinery (External Link). We provide a forum for students interested in computer science, opportunities for students to network with other ACM members and technology organizations, and exposure to cutting edge developments in computing. Join our Slack for any questions you have our Slack (External link).
During the Spring and Fall semesters we meet once a week. Activities include:
- Working together on programming puzzles, and discussing solutions afterwards.
- Attending the annual International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC) (External Link).
- Participating in other coding competitions, such as Google Code Jam and Global Game Jam.
- Group readings of academic computer science papers.
- And more; we're open to suggestions!