Joining Beta Alpha Psi
An Honorary and Professional Academic Organization which includes students majoring in Accounting, Finance, and Information Systems & Operations Management.
The primary objective of the fraternity is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the business information field. This includes promoting the study and practice of accounting, finance and information systems; providing opportunities for self-development and association among members and practicing professionals, and encouraging a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility.
· Professional meetings to network with professionals including recruiters for organizations such as: Ernst & Young, Deloitte, KPMG, PwC, Argy, Wiltse, and Robinson, Beers & Cutler, Grant Thornton, BDO Seidman, Kearney & Co., and RSM McGladrey & Pullen
· Volunteer activities
· Socials / Weekend Outings
· Meet representatives from a spectrum of organizations to get a better idea of who you may want to work for
· Get a head start looking for an internship or long-term position
· Develop professional skills and etiquette
· Meet other students in your field
· National Membership: 3.0 overall GPA
· Chapter Membership: Cumulative GPA of 3.0 in accounting or finance major core courses
· Candidate/Membership Process
· Initiation Fee
· Completion/Enrollment in a major course
If you are interested in joining this prestigious honor society, please submit the application form and check payment for dues NO LATER THAN Tuesday, September 19, 2012.
If you have any questions regarding the pledging process or your personal eligibility please contact the Director of Candidates, Hanmasbi Choi at firstname.lastname@example.org.