We provide gear for new fencers!!
Beginners: The beginners class will be held on Monday evenings from 7:30-10:00PM in the AFC aerobics room. Also feel free to talk among another. Build team work and help everbody coordinate with club leadership!
Returning & New Fencers: The practice schedule is located on this page here. Also keep checking your emails to find out location
We are hosting a USFA Event!!
As some of you may have heard, George Mason Fencing Club is sponsoring a USFA tournament October 2-3. It will be held at Prince William Fencing Academy in Manasses, VA. We encourage ALL our members to participate in the tournament. Here's what you need to know:
1) The tournament is ONLY open to USFA members. We've been encouraging our members to join USFA (United States Fencing Association), which organizes most of the fencing competitions nationally. It costs about $50. If you haven't done so already, you may do so online at the following location:
2) The tournament itself has a registration fee. GMUFC is reducing the entry for the competition to $15 for our members (it would normally cost $25). This is a great deal. However, to get this discount, we highly recommend that you preregister for the event-- however, you do not need to pay until the competition. If you don't preregister the fee will be an extra $5. Do this online here -- it's very easy:
3) If you need a ride to the tournament, let any of the officers know, and we will make that happen for you.
4) The details of the tournament are at the following site (specifically, what events are on what days, and who's eligible to go):
5) Get directions here: http://va-usfa.org/venues/pwfa.html
Help Advertise GMUFC!!!
Contact Brittany Barnett for more info.
- tues 7th: kiosk bakesale 4-5:30 JC kiosk "c"
- wed 8th: leafletting (anytime)
- mon 13th: EVERYONE WEAR YOUR FENCING TSHIRTS
- tues 14th: interest meeting 7:30 AFC
Dues are $40.00 per semester or $70.00 per year. Club Dues will be Due starting Monday September 5th. They are payable to the Club Treasurer; Alice Hatfield. Make sure you get a reciept for your payment. These Dues directly benefit the club and are used to buy gear for beginners, help us field teams, and allow us to enter our club into tournaments. Please do your part to keep this club alive!
We made it into the Broadside! Check out our article in the sports section here.
Please read both the GMUFC by-laws as well as the Club rules.
We keep in touch with FaceBook. Join our FaceBook group here!