Applying to the Trial Advocacy Association
may apply for membership to the Trial Advocacy Association Board either
at the end of the Spring Semester or following the Intramural
Competition in the Fall Semester. Membership is open to current first
and second year students. While there is no minimum cumulative GPA to
be eligible for membership, candidates must be in good academic
standing, pursuant to school policy. Students may be members of both
the Moot Court Board and the Trial Advocacy Association.
- Students will receive an email from the Trial Advocacy Association Executive Board calling for applications
to the Board.
- Students will complete and submit a written application packet,
which should include information form, one-page resume and two required
- Applicants selected for interviews will be notified by e-mail.
- Interviews will be conducted.
- Students selected for membership will be notified.
to the Trial Advocacy Association are considered for membership based
on the following criteria, with no single factor being determinative:
- Application materials
- Previous participation and/or volunteer work with the Trial Advocacy Association
- Participation in the Client Counseling Competition