GMU Faculty Senate
The Faculty Senate has the fundamental general responsibility to speak and act for the General Faculty on matters affecting the University as a whole.
The Faculty Senate has the particular responsibility to formulate proposals on matters affecting the welfare of the University and on university-wide academic policy. These constitute the primary advice of the Faculty to the Administration.
The Faculty Senate is the principal faculty advisory body to the President and the administration.
AGREEMENTS BETWEEN GMU, GMU FOUNDATION AND DONORS FOR THE LAW SCHOOL:
Internet Explorer users: "Allow blocked content" in order to navigate menus.
Contact the Faculty Senate Office
University Hall room 3501
Mail Stop 5E5
Last Updated: May 2, 2016
New and In Progress
- Meeting Agenda May 4, 2016 Continued from Apr. 27, 2016
- Proposed Faculty Senate statement regarding Law School gifts - April 27, 2016
- 2014-2016 INTO Mason Report (ref. Academic Initiatives Cmte. Annual Report 4-27-16)
- Misconduct in Research and Scholarship DRAFT Update with highlights - April 6, 2016
1.1 Triage and Precedence of Procedures
1.2 Exigent Circumstances
1.4 Good and Bad Faith
1.6 Corrections & Retractions
1.7 Monitoring Administrative Actions
- Proposed By Laws of the GMU Undergraduate Council
April 6, 2016
- Undergraduate Council - Frequently Asked Questions
April 6, 2016
- Undergraduate Curriculum Oversight: A Case for Added Governance - presentation by Tim Leslie - March 2, 2016
- Proposed Bylaws of the George Mason University Undergraduate Council
March 2, 2016
- Multilingual Student Task Force Report - Dec. 2, 2015
- Mason ORED 2.0 -- Update on Progress (Phases 1-3) & Task Force Report - Oct. 7, 2015
- Effective Teaching Committee Report - Oct. 7, 2015
- Mason Budget Model- Sr. VP J.J.Davis - September 9, 2015
- Working Group in Support of Multilingual Students
(as discussed April 22, 2015)
- Task Force on Sexual Assault and Interpersonal Violence - Final Report: Feb. 28, 2015
- Office of Research Integrity and Assurance - Dec. 3 2014
- Honor Code Expectations and Proposed Revisions -Dec. 3 14
- 2015 Summer Term Dates
- Summer Term Contact Hours
Recent Senate Actions
- 2012 Proposed Faculty Handbook Revisions approved by the Faculty Senate - Feb. 15, 2012 and by the BOV - May 9, 2012. Changes effective July 1, 2012.