GMU Faculty Senate
The Faculty Senate has the fundamental general responsibility to speak and act for the General Faculty on matters affecting the University as a whole.
The Faculty Senate has the particular responsibility to formulate proposals on matters affecting the welfare of the University and on university-wide academic policy. These constitute the primary advice of the Faculty to the Administration.
The Faculty Senate is the principal faculty advisory body to the President and the administration.
Internet Explorer users: "Allow blocked content" in order to navigate menus.
Contact the Faculty Senate Office
University Hall room 3501
Mail Stop 5E5
Last Updated: August 29, 2014
New and In Progress
- Meeting Agenda-Sept. 3, 2014
- Draft Minutes -April 23, 2014
- Fundraising Totals for the Last Five Years - Gifts and Pledges 2010-2014 - April 2, 2014
- Mason's General Education Program - Feb. 5, 2014
- Report from the Task Force on Textbook Affordability 2-5-14
- Report from the E-Mail and Research Privacy Task Force April 3, 2013
Recent Senate Actions
- 2012 Proposed Faculty Handbook Revisions approved by the Faculty Senate - Feb. 15, 2012 and by the BOV - May 9, 2012. Changes effective July 1, 2012.