Is prior registration required for an on-campus information session?
Yes, registration is required for an on-campus information session. Please view our on-campus information session offerings on our visit calendar.
How many guests can I bring with me?
- To reduce the total number of people on campus during this time, only one guest is allowed per student registrant. Including yourself, a maximum of two people may attend the Admissions Information Session.
How many total visitors attend the on-campus information session?
- A maximum of ten (24) total pre-registered visitors, plus two (2) Admissions Staff Members, will be in the Mason Tour and Visitor Center during each on-campus information session.
How long should I expect to be on campus?
- The Admissions Information Session, led by an Admissions representative, lasts 30-minutes. Following the session, you may join a campus tour led by a Mason Ambassador, or explore campus at your leisure using your self-guided tour map. We recommend allotting at least 90-minutes for an Ambassador-led tour, or 30-minutes for your self-guided tour of campus.
Are there any actions I need to take before my on-campus visit experience?
- The day of your visit, complete the Mason COVID Health Check questionnaire before arriving on campus. Only visitors with a “Green Status” will be permitted entry to the Mason Tour and Visitor Center and verification will be requested at check-in.
What time should I arrive?
- Plan to arrive on campus approximately 15-20 minutes prior to your schedule visit. This will allow enough time to navigate any construction-related delays, find visitors parking, walk to the Mason Tour and Visitor Center (located in Merten Hall), and check-in for your campus visit.
- You will check-in for your campus visit 10 minutes prior to your visit’s scheduled start time.
Am I required to wear a mask or face covering?
Mason has updated its face covering policy to help our community be safer. Everyone, even if vaccinated, must wear a mask when inside of a Mason building or vehicle. Unvaccinated individuals must wear a mask outside, as well. To see Mason's full mask policy, click here.
Where should I park?
- There are three visitor parking garages located across campus. Free parking information is provided to you in a confirmation email sent the day before and morning of your campus visit. The Rappahannock Parking Deck First Floor Visitor Section is the closest visitor parking to the Mason Tour and Visitor Center. Use your parking validation code at the visitor parking kiosk before joining us at the Mason Tour and Visitor Center. Locate the Rappahannock Parking Deck using a map of Mason’s Fairfax Campus prior to your visit.
What should I expect at the conclusion of my campus visit?
- You can anticipate receiving a follow-up survey. We are always looking for ways to better serve our guests so we encourage any and all feedback you wish to provide.
Should I bring any documents with me?
- Documents are not necessary for your campus visit; however if you have required documents that are needed for your admission application, you are welcome to bring those official documents with you. Document drop-off for Admissions is located at our office on the 2nd floor of the Johnson Center.
Is food available on campus for us to have lunch?
- Currently, we are unable to welcome campus visitors into our student dining halls for meals. As conditions due to the COVID-19 virus evolve, we will revisit this option to determine whether or not it may be provided to guests in some capacity. There are retail dining options available on campus in the Johnson Center and Merten Hall, and you can view the hours of operation on this website.
- Outside food and beverages are not permitted in the Mason Tour and Visitor Center. You may bring water in an enclosed bottle or cup with a lid.
What virtual visit experiences is Mason Admissions offering?
- You may sign up for a Virtual Information Session or Ambassador-led Virtual Guided Tour on our visit calendar. Alternatively, you may access our Virtual Tour at any time from a Wi-Fi enabled device on our website.
I am on the waitlist for an on-campus information session. How will I hear from Mason Admissions if a seat becomes available in the session?
- You will receive an email if a seat becomes available in the session for which you are waitlisted. All emails come from email@example.com. We recommend adding firstname.lastname@example.org as an acceptable contact in your email account to ensure messages are delivered for timely action.
- If no seats become available, your alternate option is a self-guided walking tour of campus. Download a self-guided walking tour map to explore campus at your convenience.
Why has an on-campus visit opportunity been removed from the visit calendar?
- We remove on-campus visit opportunities from the visit calendar two days before the session or when the session waitlist fills. Please contact our Visit Experience team at email@example.com if you have additional questions about an on-campus visit opportunity.