- March 30, 2023Cathy Pinskey, capital program director at George Mason University, has watched Mason’s square footage grow a lot over the years—by the millions. As capital program director with Mason Facilities, Pinskey has overseen the university’s largest and most complicated capital projects to date, including the Core Campus Project from 2016 to 2022, which revitalized the heart of the Fairfax Campus. Today, her main focus is Fuse at Mason Square, a new building currently under construction.
- March 9, 2023Dee Arrington is the site coordinator at George Mason University's Potomac Science Center.
- February 9, 2023Shayna Marlowe is assistant director for sexual and interpersonal violence and student support services at Student Support and Advocacy Center at Mason Square.
- January 11, 2023In the Feather Identification Lab at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History, Mason alum Carla Dove identifies the specific birds involved in collisions, with samples coming to her from various branches of the U.S. military, commercial airlines, and more
- January 3, 2023Mason alum Horace Blackman was elected as rector of Mason’s Board of Visitors in July, after serving as vice rector for the past two years.
- December 1, 2022Ric Chollar helped give shape to Mason’s story of LGBTQ advocacy, one in which he insists there are many unsung heroes.
- November 1, 2022When Alissa Karton began working at George Mason University in 1996, the university looked like a very different place, with fewer residence halls, fewer students, and a reputation for being a commuter school.
- October 20, 2022As an undergraduate, Doni Nolan, BA Biology ’14, had no visions of a future profession until she visited the greenhouse on George Mason University’s Fairfax Campus.
- October 18, 2022After a perilous journey through war-torn Ukraine, a freshman Schar School student looks forward to a new life. But she’s concerned for her parents who remained behind.
- September 28, 2022As the director of Mason's Early Identification Program, Khaseem Davis works to ensure students have the tools they need to be successful—even in a pandemic.
- September 20, 2022Amy Sullivan loves her job as the head of preservation services at Mason's University Libraries, where she works to ensure the safety of items in the university’s libraries and collections.
- September 15, 2022Jeanne Medford is a Mason Athletics staff member, celebrating 40 years of employment at George Mason University.