Make the Right Moves

Meeting with your advisor, lining up your classes, and finding an internship before returning to campus is a smart move. There's no smarter time to make that move than over the break!

Plan Your Success

Plan Ahead for Success

Breaks are the best time to connect with university resources, plan your semester, and register for classes.  


Resource offices like the Mason Student Services Center remain fully staffed and ready to help undergraduates and graduates alike, resolving issues quickly and making sure you stay on track to meet your academic and career goals.

Register Now!

Register now for the best selection of classes that work for your schedule.

Questions? Review these helpful tutorials for registering in Patriot Web or Patriot Scheduler.

Mosaic tile
Skip semester lines at the following offices. Make your appointment today.

Mason Student Services Center

For help with:

  • Financial aid and student accounts
  • Registration and enrollment
  • Documents and transcripts

Open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., the MSSC serves students both virtually and in-person.  Appointments are never required!


Undergraduate Academic Advising

For help with:

  • Discussing academic goals and course registration
  • Declaring or changing majors
  • Submitting appeals, academic requests, and policy exemptions

Hours and appointments vary by department

Interior view of the Johnson Student Center at George Mason University photographed from the second of three balconies. Academic advising is located in the Johnson Center.

Can’t find your advisor? Email with your name, major, and G Number for assistance.


Graduate Academic Advising

Contact your program using the information listed below.

College or School Contact Information

Carter School for Peace & Conflict Resolution

Charisse M. Cardenas -

College of Engineering & Computing

Office of Graduate Academic Affairs -

College of Humanities & Social Sciences

Graduate Academic Affairs -

Schar School of Policy & Government

Graduate Student Services -

College of Education & Human Development

Office of Student and Academic Affairs -

College of Public Health 

Students should contact their program using the CPH contact list.

College of Visual & Performing Arts

Dawn Anderson Kelley -

School of Business

Students should contact their program using the SBUS contact list.

University Career Services

For help with:

  • Choosing a career path
  • Writing resumes and cover letters
  • Finding internships and jobs

Open Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday to Thursday, 7 to 11 p.m., for in-person, virtual, and phone appointments