As we return to work on our campuses, our children might be returning to campus-based care facilities. We're working to protect their health.
The Child Development Center on the Fairfax Campus and other on-campus child care centers will follow guidance from:
- Virginia Department of Social Services.
- Virginia Department of Education.
- Centers for Disease Control.
- Fairfax County Health Department.
- Virginia Executive Orders.
Mason will update health and safety policies and procedures as needed in collaboration with Mason’s office of Safety, Emergency, and Enterprise Risk Management, and keep families informed on any updates.
All operational policies and procedures at the Child Development Center and the Freedom Aquatic and Fitness Center’s Kid Kare Area are compliant with the CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance for Operating Early Care and Education/Childcare Programs.
If a case of COVID is detected, childcare centers will follow protocols set by Mason, the CDC, and the Prince William Health District.
Additional policies include:
- Everyone age 2 and older must follow face covering guidelines in accordance with University Policy 1415. That means wearing a mask when inside Mason properties.
- Staff and students will complete the Mason COVID Health Check prior to arrival.
- Classes will maintain physical distancing, and rooms will limit class size to increase safety.
- Supplies and high-touch surfaces (tables, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures) will be cleaned and disinfected frequently during the day.
- Staff will review good hygiene practices with the children and wash hands often.