Note: Feel free to contact any of the Graduate students on the network. They are available to answer your questions. Please read the disclaimer at the end of this document.
If you would like to become part of the network,
- Half way through her PDS program.
- Hopes one day to teach in Fairfax County.
- Short term goal is to be employed with a master's degree in 1997. Long term is to return and get a PHD.
- Currently in her Internship.
- Finished with the first semester of the program and student teaching. Primary focus is to teach in K-3.
- Getting ready for the next phase of independent teaching.
Hopes to use seminars and classes to enrich her teaching skills
even after becoming a teacher in K-3.
- Just finished student teaching a kindergarten class and will start 3rd
grade in 97. After finishing PDS, seeks placement in 2nd or 3rd grade in this area.
-Currently a PDS intern in Fairfax County. Also, an active member
with The Student Education Association. After being hired as a
teacher in K-3, hopes to achieve ESL certification.
- Just finished working in a Kindergarten class and will be in 3rd
grade next semester. Also, a part of the steering committee for
her cohort- PDS Cohort 6. Hopes to work as a 2nd or 3rd
grade teacher in Fairfax County.
Margaret Bergamin -Just finished an intern at Hollin Meadows Elementary in Alexandria in the 1st grade. Hopes to have first a teaching position in the area, but then one day to teach in a foreign country.
- Heading for her Master's in Early Education and employment in the
Mid-Atlantic region. ESL, collegiate teaching, and overseas early
childhood courses are in her plans.
- Just finished an intern at Laurel Ridge Kindergarten. Hopes to teach in Fairfax County.
Sarah Lucy Lowry
-After PDS and becoming a teacher, may one day be a principal
of an Elementary School.
- About to graduate with her master's in Curriculum and Instruction
with a focus in History and Social Studies. Not teaching yet because
moving to the Chicago area in a year. Hopes to work for a textbook
publisher or in a high-school classroom.
- Just finished the program and comp tests. Will be a teacher who keeps on learning.
Her goal is to be a teacher who sets progressive,
realistic, and professional goals and continues to be aware of the
needs of the students.
- Finishing the Master's requirements and ESL specialization. Will be doing her
practicum in Spring 1997. After surviving her student teaching, hopes to get a
part time position in the school system. Is happy to pass along any information
about the program.
- Beginning student teaching Spring 1997. In 3 years, hopes to be
accepted and have completed requirements for the PHD program.
Then be published in a professional journal. And most long term,
hopes to write a book in an interdisciplinary approach for ESL
Lois Glascock- Going for the master's degree and hopes to teach in Fairfax County.
Kathi Dills- Short term goals are to get through the master's program and
achieve teaching license. Hopes to teach 4th or 5th grade.
As a mother of four, teaching will be a career change.
Paula McGourty -Wants to teach upper elementary grades.
Yuna Kim- First year in the flex program. Hopes to teach 5th or 6th grade.
- Hopes to teach upper elementary in Fairfax County.
- Wants to teach 5th grade and hopes to employ creative dramatics in her classroom.
Joyce Gardella-Hopes to finish FLEX program within two-year time frame and seek
employment in the Northern Virginia Area.
- Working to complete the Flex program with master's degree in 2 1/2
years. Meanwhile, will work in the school system as a substitute,
volunteer, and tutor.
- Will be student teaching as of Jan. 1997 to finish certification. Wants to be teaching
by Fall 1997 and have ESL endorsement Spring 1998. Was PDS and needed to slow down to FLEX.
- Wants to be teaching by Fall 1998.
E-mail: email@example.com or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
-First year Flex student also working on ESL endorsement.
Wants to be teaching by Fall 1998.
Carolyn Butler-Hopes to teach 4-6th grade by Fall 1998.
- Wants to continue working where she is and to be an after-school coordinator.
- Working for Master's and certification, also ESL.
Hopes to teach in the Middle School. Currently substitute
teaches and is active with GMU SEA.
Disclaimer: Although The Office of Teacher Education supports and approves of this effort, it is not responsible for any information given or received through the use of this webpage. This webpage is created and maintained by and for George Mason students. The supervision of this webpage is the responsibility and service of The Student Virginia Education Association at George Mason University, not The Graduate School of Education nor The Office of Teacher Education at George Mason University. For any information on any programs, testing dates, or deadlines, please refer to The Office of Teacher Education Newsletter, call directly at 993-2079, or vist the GSE Webpage.