International Student Health Insurance

Mason policy requires all F-1 and J-1 visa students to have health insurance.

Federal law requires all students on a J-1 visa to have health insurance that includes coverage for medical evacuation and repatriation.

How do I get health insurance as an international student?

Mason offers health insurance for students on J-1 and F-1 visas. The insurance is available through Student Health Services.

When international students register for classes, the cost of this coverage is automatically billed to their account by the Office of Student Accounts.

This fee is due by the tuition payment due date. Failure to pay this insurance fee or successfully obtain an exemption may result in the cancellation of class registration.