Questions About Transferring?
The Office of Transfer Services provides support for prospective transfer students before and while applying for admission to Mason and to applicants who have been denied admission. Our Transfer Counselors are available Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm in 213 Johnson Center. Appointments are not necessary for in-person visits. We assist our last student at 4:30 pm each day.
- Answer questions about Mason transfer admission requirements
- Offer guidance on Mason transfer credit resources
- Counsel RBC and VCCS students on the Guaranteed Admissions Agreement (GAA)
- Assist denied students in developing a plan to strengthen their academic record
Our Transfer Counselors do not provide academic advising. We encourage prospective transfers to meet regularly with their current academic advisor. Upon enrollment at Mason, new transfers are assigned an academic advisor within their major.
- Transfer Counselors meet with individual prospective students only. Information sessions and group tours for family members and guests are available by appointment in the Mason Tour and Visitors Center.
- To make your meeting productive and provide you the best assessment for successful transfer to Mason, we request that you bring unofficial copies of all college transcripts for the meeting.
If you are unable to connect with us on campus and have questions about transferring, please complete our online form.