We maintain a running journal of financial aid announcements, updates, and disbursement reports throughout the year.
Entries are listed chronologically.
Financial Aid Bulletins
- June 16, 2022TouchNet Secure Data Center Maintenance
- May 25, 2022Verification Process Update
- May 13, 2022Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy Change
- May 10, 2022Celebrate Your High School Graduation
- April 8, 2022April 8, 2022 To the Mason Community:
- March 11, 2022Students who would like to apply for summer financial aid may submit the Summer Aid Request Form on the summer aid website starting April 1.
- February 2, 2022The VASA priority filing deadline has been extended to May 1, 2022.
- January 10, 2022January 10, 2022 To the Mason Community:
- January 5, 2022The student loan 0% interest and payment pause on loans owned by the Department of Education has been extended through May 1, 2022.
- December 15, 2021The Office of Admissions and the Office of Student Financial Aid will be closing for the winter break on Friday, December 17, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. ET, and will reopen on Monday, January 3, 2022 at 8:30 a.m. ET.
- December 2, 2021The COVID-19 emergency relief for federal student loans ends Jan. 31, 2022 and monthly student loan payments will resume. Visit studentaid.gov to explore options for repayment.
- November 22, 2021Please note George Mason University is closed for the Thanksgiving holiday from Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. ET until Monday, November 29, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. ET. We will respond to all questions and concerns when the University reopens on Monday, November 29, 2021.